[Fedora-xen] xen-unstable => 3.2, binary packages

Ian Jackson Ian.Jackson at eu.citrix.com
Mon Dec 10 12:35:39 UTC 2007

John Summerfield writes ("Re: [Fedora-xen] xen-unstable => 3.2, binary packages"):
> I believe FC6 has just been terminated (support for Fedora ends soon
> after the second successor).

Maybe I'm confused about version numbers or looking at the wrong
sites.  I'm pretty new to the fedora world so I hope you'll forgive me
needing a bit of handholding.

The sources I found were at
  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/
  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/
where the most recent are 6 and 6.93 (which I take to be a
work-in-progress 7).

I was somewhat puzzled by the .redhat.com domain but I wasn't able to
find anywhere more recent.  Did I miss the relevant documentation ?  I
found this:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers
but I seem still in the dark.

> Is basing on Fedora 8 a problem? It's got about a year of life left in it.

If that's released then yes.  I see from the fedoraproject.org website
that there's some marketing swooshing for it :-).

> Note to Ian
> I assume that since you seem to have set reply to your own address that
> you want off-list replies. You cannot reply direct to me however.

I'm not sure I follow.  Evidently there is a convention here of how to
deal with mailing lists and email headers, but I'm not aware of it.