[Fedora-xen] xen-unstable => 3.2, binary packages

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 12:47:21 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 12:35:39PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> John Summerfield writes ("Re: [Fedora-xen] xen-unstable => 3.2, binary packages"):
> > I believe FC6 has just been terminated (support for Fedora ends soon
> > after the second successor).
>
> Maybe I'm confused about version numbers or looking at the wrong
> sites.  I'm pretty new to the fedora world so I hope you'll forgive me
> needing a bit of handholding.
>
> The sources I found were at
>   http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/
>   http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/
> where the most recent are 6 and 6.93 (which I take to be a
> work-in-progress 7).

  'Fedora Core' was renamed 'Fedora' between version 6 and 7, you
will find the latests under the 'releases' subdir:

   http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/

 Please rebase based on Fedora 8 if you a binary rebuild, thanks, but ...

 My own opinion about this is that since xen is packaged as part of
Fedora, rebuilding a package on your side might be more of a problem
than a solution (I mean for official release rather than for testing)
since it's best to keep a coherency. If you have some problems with
the packages as done in Fedora, it's better to get the issues (assuming
any) solved, rather than putting a parallel set of packages, in the end
avoiding users confusions helps everybody in my opinion.

  my 2 euros cents,

Daniel