[Fedora-xen] Compatibility with others

Vladimir Giszpenc vladimir.giszpenc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 17:57:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

I was really amazed with the ease of adding FC6 DomUs.  However, when
I tried other distributions (gentoo, debian, suse) it was pretty much
impossible as I am a newbie and the howtos overwhelmed me.  Is there
any plan to have a standard DomU format (such as the wonderful one FC6
uses) to be used for all DomUs?  Right now, it is easy to add FC6 on
top of a FC6 Dom0 but if I want NetBSD as a Dom0 and RHEL5 as DomUs I
would like a standard DomU adding tool to make that possible.  I
understand that you cannot make others follow your direction, but
maybe you can help me anyway.

In short I like the ease of use of adding DomUs in FC6, but I wish FC6
played well with others as a Dom0.  And I wish that way of playing
well with others was a standard so I could ask the same of other Dom0
making distros and/or ask DomU making distros to package their OSes in
a friendly way.

Thanks for your time,

Vlad