[Fedora-xen] error mounting /proc: any solution ?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Jan 3 02:05:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007, Frank Morane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This problem has been around since September 2006. The last working
> version I used was vmlinuz-2.6.16-1.2133_FC5xenU under
> vmlinuz-2.6.16-1.2133_FC5xen0. The domu I try to run is CentOs 4.4 which
> runs fine under FC5.

Could you paste the config file please?

> NET: Registered protocol family 17
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2049
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2052
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2050
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2051
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0

This is a big hint - if you were running PVM (which I can only guess at since
you haven't provided a config file) then it sounds like you've not got the
network and block device drivers loaded.

The network side is easy - I have this trouble from time to time - just
add 'xennet' in /etc/modules. This assumes the block device drivers
are loaded and the system has mounted root.

The block device is a bit more worrying - I'll wait until you've posted
your config file so I can guess what kernel you're booting.

Adrian