[Fedora-xen] Hotplug scripts not working error

Tony Wynn ajwynn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:42:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Xen image on Fedora 6.  I'm using the virt-manager
GUI.  After it attempts to create the domain, it error out with the
following:

Unable to complete install 'libvirt.libvirtError virDomainCreateLinux()
failed POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Device 0 (vif) could not be
connected. Hotplug scripts not working.')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 681, in
do_install
    dom = guest.start_install(False, meter = meter)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 649, in
start_install
    return self._do_install(consolecb, meter)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 666, in
_do_install
    self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 503, in
createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
conn=self)
libvirtError: virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed:
(xend.err'Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
working.')
'
While configuring the network I chose "Virtual Network" because nothing was
displayed in the drop down for "Shared Physical Device".  I've searched but
haven't been able to find much that seems like it applies.  If anyone has
any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tony