[Fedora-xen] Debian VM progress

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Wed Jun 6 19:48:41 UTC 2007

It turns out I was able to get my Debian VM to boot. My Dom0 is actually
a Centos 5. What I did is I created a Debian install using QEMU, then I
placed the Centos kernel into Debian. I created an initrd for the Debian
using the Centos kernel. I also told the kernel that the console was
xvc0. I added xvc0 to the /etc/inittab and securetty.

The system boots, things start, and I get a login for the console.
But.... I don't see an eth0. The only indication I see of an eth0 is
the following.

netfront: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.
netfront: device eth0 has flipping receive path.

But, I don't see any evidence when I type ifconfig. So, what do I need
to do to get this eth0 going?

brian
--
Brian Lavender