[Fedora-xen] Problem about creating virtual machine in FC6

taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu
Mon Mar 5 20:16:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed FC6 and I was trying to create a new virtual machine with the
virtual machine manager. I selected to use FC6 again as the guesting OS of
the new virtual machine.

Everytime after I finishing install of the guest OS, It gave me a prompt
to reboot the guest system. But After I click the "reboot" button, the
vitual machine gone. It's weird. I think the reboot shouldn't make the
guest OS crash.

I use the /var/lib/xen/images/box1 as the storage space of the guest OS. I
found that the file box1 is still there. So I was trying to use the
"restore saved machine" of virtual machine manager to reload it, However
it said that "Error restoring domain '/var/lib/xen/images/box1'. Is the
domain already running?"

SO I use the "xm list" to show all domains, only domain0 is there.

Anybody knows how to fix the above problem? Why did the newly created
virtual machine disappeared whenever I rebooted it? How to make it won't
disapper? Or how to load it into system again?

Regards,
Angel