[Fedora-xen] Problem about creating virtual machine in FC6

Sadique Puthen xenguy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 07:11:05 UTC 2007

taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed FC6 and I was trying to create a new virtual machine with the
> virtual machine manager. I selected to use FC6 again as the guesting OS of
> the new virtual machine.
>
> Everytime after I finishing install of the guest OS, It gave me a prompt
> to reboot the guest system. But After I click the "reboot" button, the
> vitual machine gone. It's weird. I think the reboot shouldn't make the
> guest OS crash.
>
> I use the /var/lib/xen/images/box1 as the storage space of the guest OS. I
> found that the file box1 is still there. So I was trying to use the
> "restore saved machine" of virtual machine manager to reload it, However
> it said that "Error restoring domain '/var/lib/xen/images/box1'. Is the
> domain already running?"

"restore saved machine" is to restore machine which is saved using
Virtual Machine -> save, not to start vms which are shut down.
As of now, virt-manager is only capable of managing active/running vms.
Managing inactive domains using virt-manager is something for future...
You sould use "xm crate <config file name>" to boot a machine.