[Fedora-xen] Live VM Migration of XEN Failed

taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu
Wed Mar 21 01:05:16 UTC 2007

Hi, Dear All

I was trying to do the live VM migration with Xen. There are two hosts,
host1 and host2. Both hosts has Fedora Core 6 as the host operating
system. And I created a XEN guest, XEN1, at host1. Now I want to migrate
XEN1 from host1 to host2 using the live migration feature of XEN.

First, I edited /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp on host1 and hosts to:
#(xend-unix-server yes)
(xend-relocation-server yes)
(xend-relocation-port 8002)
(xend-relocation-address '')
(xend-relocation-hosts-allow '')
#(xend-relocation-hosts-allow '^localhost$ ^localhost\\.localdomain$')

Then, I restart xend on host1 and host2:
service xend restart

Then, I exported the /var/lib/xen/images on host1 via NFS and mount this
directory to host2. And the mount is successful.

After that I start XEN guest on host1:
xm create xen1

However, I found that the Virtual Machine Manager of FC6 didn't work. It
said:
Unable to open to a connection to the Xen hypervisor/daemon.
Verify that:
-A Xen host kernel was booted
-The Xen service has been started.

But when I use "xm list", Domain-0 is running, and xen1 is blocked.

Finally, I run "xm migrate -l xen1 host2", it failed, the error message is:
Error: /usr/lib64/xen/bin/xc_save 4 1 0 0 1 failed.

Anybody know how to slove this problem? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
angel