[Fedora-xen] Xen Guest Installation question

Willemann, Phil philip.willemann at progeny.net
Tue May 1 15:05:56 UTC 2007

Hello Everyone:

I'm new to Xen and have some Linux experience.  I have installed Fedora
Core 6 on a Intel 3.2 GHZ machine. (Note:  I have 1 machine to test
with.)  I have 6GB of RAM.  My ultimate goal is to install a few
versions of Fedora Core 3 on the box.  (I have an old application that
uses FC3)  I can start up the virt-install GUI with no problems.  My
questions revolve around the location of FC3.

1.  I know it can't be installed from a FC3 Install CD.  <-- I don't
understand why this is not supported.  It would seem to be the easiest
thing to do.
2.  I know I can use NFS or HTTP.
3.  I have Apache Web Server running and NFS is enabled.

Here are the questions

1.  If I want to use http or NFS, do I copy the entire FC3 Install CD to
some place on the hard drive?  Is the copy a *.iso file or is it the
individual          files from the CD?  This has never been clear for
me.  I have seen conflicting information on the net about this
2.  If I use http where do I put the files. (under /var/www/...??)
3.  I made a directory called /tmptest and copied the iso image to it.
I edited the /etc/exports file and added a line like this
    /tmptest   192.168.107.14(rw,sync)  <-- I assumed this means
192.168.107.14 has rw write access to /tmptest.    This seems to make
sense but the installation seems to always say invalid NFS source.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil Willemann