[Fedora-xen] What is XendInvalidDomain?

Dustin Henning Dustin.Henning at prd-inc.com
Wed Nov 7 22:15:12 UTC 2007

John,
	I don't remember for sure, but it kinda looks to me like xendomains
(service to start and stop xen domains) is performing a shutdown instead of
a save.  If that is true, then the terminated could be a successful shutdown
or a timeout while waiting for shutdown (at which point the domain is
destroyed).  In either case, your restore failures would be because of bad
files in /var/lib/xen/save (or something like that) from a previous failed
save.  Deleting those files would get rid of your restore errors and the
domains would start normally when xendomains started back up (as they
presumably do now).  This timeout during xendomains shutdown is configurable
(even to forever), but I don't remember where.  What to do on xendomains
shutdown (save or shutdown) is also configurable (likely in the same file,
search for a xendomains.conf?).
	Dustin