[Fedora-xen] HVM DomU on F9?

Dustin Henning Dustin.Henning at prd-inc.com
Fri May 30 12:22:23 UTC 2008

	For anyone who might have been following this thread, I accidentally
forgot to add fedora-xen to the recipient list before sending my last reply.
It is below, along with a response from Avi.  I updated my F8 box, and sure
enough, kvm-60 was installed.  I thought I had just done that and kvm-55 was
where it stopped, but I must be crazy or something.  Also, I got the gplpv
drivers by James Harper installed and functional as of version 0.9.2 (I had
no luck with 0.9.0 or any prior version).  That said, I probably won't go
any further with my quest for kvm, at least not in the near future.  The
stdvga emulation kvm uses (or at least used on kvm-47) was nice with the
standard vesa drivers referenced on the kvm site (went higher than
1024x768), and those drivers don't work for the stdvga=1 option in xen, but
I think the potential performance gain from the multiple paravirtual drivers
will be more important for me.  Also, as I didn't follow up on it, I did try
to install CentOS 5.1 on this machine and it does not support the network
card, so I am on Fedora 8 as originally recommended by Emre.
	Dustin