[Fedora-xen] No pcifront in F10?

Andy Burns fedora.lists at burns.me.uk
Mon May 4 18:51:37 UTC 2009

2009/5/1 Jim Lutz <jelutz at config.com>:

> I have a virtual machine landscape consisting of a CentOS 5.3 Dom0 with Xen
> 3.1.2, some PV CentOS DomU's with PCI passthrough (same versions), and I'm
> trying to implement a F10 DomU with PCI passthrough. I set everything up for
> the passthrough, and the F10 guest can't see any of the devices with lspci.
> If I boot a CentOS PV machine with the same PCI passthrough configuration,
> the devices show up with lspci. I've seen some posts in various places about
> this issue, but no solutions. How do I implement this?

There has been no pcifront in recent Fedora kernels, you'll have to
stick with older centOS kernels. or wait until pv_ops domU has landed
(so 2.6.31 at the earliest) *and* the pcifront has been re-implemented
(not sure if anyone other than Jeremy has this in their sights)

 <whisper> or look at ubuntu which I think has forward ported the old
non-pv_ops xen to more recent kernels </whisper>