[feedhenry-dev] [Feature request] Allow to create project with mongo database that is already migrated.

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 16:22:48 UTC 2016

*TL;DR - New cloud apps and services should use direct mongo db access.
Migration should be used only for legacy projects.*

We require database migrations for the new apps mostly because of
historical reasons. We should enable creation of service and cloud app with
direct access to the mongo database. Creating ditch type database doesn't
make any sense at the moment because in most of the guides and services we
require database to be migrated straightaway.

That's would improve our guides and would mean way less hassle for
customers. Conor mentioned this numerous times in some of high level
requirements documents. This functionality was also confirmed to be really
useful for consulting. Sometimes developers forgot to migrate database and
fh-ditch is used in production which is causing some performance and access
problems and involve painful database migration.

This feature may be also mentioned in various tickets and different
contexts.
Purpose of this emails is to determine some blockers (do we still have to
use ditch by default) and provide some general actions.

Regards
--
Wojciech Trocki
Software Engineer, Red Hat Mobile