[feedhenry-dev] [Feature request] Allow to create project with mongo database that is already migrated.

John Frizelle jfrizell at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 16:39:50 UTC 2016

I added some comments to the trello ticket - copying them here for
visibility...

The problem with this approach (and the reason we have historically used
shared DB) is that a new empty DB in MongoDB 2.x requires ~300MB of disk
space - that's a HUGE overhead for every single app created (especially
considering that a large % of apps created are hello world style apps that
do not require dedicated DB). In MongoDB 3.x, there is pretty much a 0
overhead on creating a new DB - i.e. it does not pre-allocate 100's of MB
of disk space. So, I think we either need to wait until we have 3.X MongoDB
or be able to indicate in the project/app/service template if it requires a
dedicated DB and only create the dedicated DB for those templates that need
it.

--
John Frizelle
Platform Architect, Red Hat Mobile

mobile: *+353 87 290 1644 <//+353872901644>*
twitter:* @johnfriz*
skype: *john_frizelle*
mail: *jfrizell at redhat.com <jfrizell at redhat.com>*