[feedhenry-dev] Normalize Feedhenry repo names

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Tue Aug 15 16:26:00 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 11:37 AM, John Frizelle <jfrizell at redhat.com> wrote:

> Generally in favour of this.
>
> 2 questions:
> 1. Do we need both platform and language?
> fh-*android*-sync-*java*
> What about JavaScript and Xamarin
> fh-js-sync-js ?
> fh-cordova-sync-js ?
> fh-xamarin-sync-dotnet ?

I think that we need language where it is relevant.  In the case of Xamarin
and Windows the .Net is (often) redundant.  In Android the java until VERY
recently was redundant, but isn't any more.

I think I can spin it around a little.  If I see "fh-js-sync" then I expect
it to work anywhere a javascript interpreter is.  So this means I can embed
it in Rhino, .Net, Electron, React Native, or Cordova.  Likewise with
"fh-dotNet-sync" I think it should work in Mono, Xamarin, Windows, etc.
But these flow from the expectation that the platform is the second
selector.  Does that make sense?

> 2. Should the feature come before the platform - e.g.
> fh-android-sync
> fh-ios-sync
> vs
> fh-sync-android
> fh-sync-ios
>
> I *think* it should be platform first so that everything related to
> android / ios / cordova is grouped, but wanted to ask the question...

The answer is do we expect people to look for android on feedhenry or sync
on feedhenry when they are browsing github.