[feedhenry-dev] API Mapper (from mobile-internal)

Evan Shortiss eshortis at redhat.com
Thu May 11 16:14:22 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

I used the API Mapper for the first time yesterday with Bob (CC'd) and
think we may have come across a limitation.

Say you would like to query an API with the following URI:
http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/weather?appid=00fd6350d7b03123c324839586cb50ad&q=dallas

It it possible that one could add that to the API Mapper so that the q
parameter can be determined by the incoming request rather than being
hardcoded? From what I can see it's a feature that is missing at present,
but could be supported by modifying this area[1] to perform a merge on the
querystring or the saved vs. incoming request.

Of course, we'd want to add a UI option to allow users to specify which
querystring params would be "plucked" from the incoming request since doing
it blindly could be dangerous or have breaking side effects.

Thoughts on this?

[1] -
https://github.com/feedhenry-templates/fh-api-mapper/blob/master/lib/api.js#L45

--

EVAN SHORTISS

MOBILE PRACTICE ARCHITECT, RED HAT MOBILE

Los Angeles, USA

eshortis at redhat.com  M: +1-781-354-2834
<https://red.ht/sig>