[feedhenry-dev] Community Demos for FeedHenry and RHMAP

Ali Ok aliok at redhat.com
Thu May 18 13:35:14 UTC 2017

Hi Summers,

# HenryVision

I have created an application that uses RHMAP and Google Vision API. You
take a picture, it tells (speaks with TTS) you what it is.
The picture taken is sent to RHMAP cloud app and cloud app uses a Google
Vision API mBaaS service to receive the suggestions of the object in the
picture. Cloud app also uses some dictionary to get definition for the
suggestion. The definition is then spoken by the device using speech
synthesis API.

Video: https://youtu.be/npUtwnmuKEQ?t=1m6s (starts at the interesting part,
01:06)
Source: https://github.com/aliok/henryvision
Blog post: http://www.aliok.com.tr/projects/2016-03-21-henryvision.html

(I actually prepared this demo before joining Red Hat. I was trying to
understand how RHMAP works)

Cheers,
Ali

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> If you have made a demo or app you don't mind sharing can you post it?  I
> saw a BUNCH of awesome things people had done on RHMAP at Summit and think
> that they should get wider recognition :)  Also, it doesn't have to be
> something for summit, if you made a Meme app 2 years ago link it here too.
>
> I'll go first!
>
> # Meme Henry
>
> Meme Henry was a simple meme creation / social media app. It used the sync
> frame work, node.js libraries, and Android SDK to share memes.  It also
> served as a POC for some potential refactorings based on usage patterns in
> the Google Play SDKs as well as testing support of Dagger, Butterknife, and
> a couple of other things.
>
> app source : github.com/secondsun/art-henry
> cloud source : https://github.com/secondsun/art-henry-cloud-app
>
> Video : *https://drive.google.com/a/redhat.com/file/d/0B64fta5NYF0TUmNFZy0zQ3JTRjQ/view?usp=sharing
> <https://drive.google.com/a/redhat.com/file/d/0B64fta5NYF0TUmNFZy0zQ3JTRjQ/view?usp=sharing>*
>

> # FehBot
>
> FehBot is an IRC bot written in .Net.  It has a companion app that
> delivers messages VIA UPS from IRC.  It also has a Auth Service that
> connects to Google's auth system so we can use the native Android account
> picker.
>
> Video demo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNLKj6wvbQg
>
> Android App source : https://github.com/secondsun/fehbot-android
> FehBot Source :  https://github.com/secondsun/fehbot
> Cloud App source : https://github.com/secondsun/fehbot_RHMAP_service
> Google mBaaS Auth source : https://github.com/secondsun
> /FH-Google-mBaas-Auth
>
> # StockBot
>
> Stock bot is a VERY simple app that sends a plain text request to
> Microsoft's LUIS service and then performs stock lookups based on that
> request.  The coolest part of it was I wrote it in an hour during a
>  meeting.
>
> Video  https://youtu.be/dK3EXhLpiaI
> <https://youtu.be/dK3EXhLpiaI>
> Source : Ok there really isn't any.  It lived in a RHMAP instance that has
> since been GC'd.  But
> imagine the Hello World app calls an API that calls another API and then
> calls a third API based on the response from the second and has horrible
> nesting issues.  You have the code :)

ALI OK

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, RED HAT MOBILE APPLICATION PLATFORM

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>