[feedhenry-dev] Community Demos for FeedHenry and RHMAP

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Thu May 18 14:08:35 UTC 2017

Right we made a meme app too for devoxx keynote (2014 ). I couldn't find
any recording of it, but Markus Eisele did create this interview:
https://youtu.be/0MyvQdmF5LY and there is this blog:
https://aerogear.org/news/2014/11/12/aerogear-feedhenry-
devoxx-demo/index.html.

The idea was that an initial picture was uploaded and tweeted with a tag.
People in the audience could tweet text that would end up embedded in the
picture. There was a mobile app that was used to take the picture and a web
app that showed the results. UPS was used to notify the web client and the
app that new memes where created. Fuse was used to monitor twitter and
notify UPS. The code was done on feedhenry directly but I have saved a
local clone, although I don't know if that is the latest version:

https://github.com/edewit/InstaMeme-Backend
https://github.com/edewit/InstaMeme-app

The code is pretty awful with no test and hardcoded urls, but there was
little time to get this all done.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> If you have made a demo or app you don't mind sharing can you post it?  I
> saw a BUNCH of awesome things people had done on RHMAP at Summit and think
> that they should get wider recognition :)  Also, it doesn't have to be
> something for summit, if you made a Meme app 2 years ago link it here too.
>
> I'll go first!
>
> # Meme Henry
>
> Meme Henry was a simple meme creation / social media app. It used the sync
> frame work, node.js libraries, and Android SDK to share memes.  It also
> served as a POC for some potential refactorings based on usage patterns in
> the Google Play SDKs as well as testing support of Dagger, Butterknife, and
> a couple of other things.
>
> app source : github.com/secondsun/art-henry
> cloud source : https://github.com/secondsun/art-henry-cloud-app
>
> Video : *https://drive.google.com/a/redhat.com/file/d/0B64fta5NYF0TUmNFZy0zQ3JTRjQ/view?usp=sharing
> <https://drive.google.com/a/redhat.com/file/d/0B64fta5NYF0TUmNFZy0zQ3JTRjQ/view?usp=sharing>*
>

> # FehBot
>
> FehBot is an IRC bot written in .Net.  It has a companion app that
> delivers messages VIA UPS from IRC.  It also has a Auth Service that
> connects to Google's auth system so we can use the native Android account
> picker.
>
> Video demo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNLKj6wvbQg
>
> Android App source : https://github.com/secondsun/fehbot-android
> FehBot Source :  https://github.com/secondsun/fehbot
> Cloud App source : https://github.com/secondsun/fehbot_RHMAP_service
> Google mBaaS Auth source : https://github.com/secondsun
> /FH-Google-mBaas-Auth
>
> # StockBot
>
> Stock bot is a VERY simple app that sends a plain text request to
> Microsoft's LUIS service and then performs stock lookups based on that
> request.  The coolest part of it was I wrote it in an hour during a
>  meeting.
>
> Video  https://youtu.be/dK3EXhLpiaI
> <https://youtu.be/dK3EXhLpiaI>
> Source : Ok there really isn't any.  It lived in a RHMAP instance that has
> since been GC'd.  But
> imagine the Hello World app calls an API that calls another API and then
> calls a third API based on the response from the second and has horrible
> nesting issues.  You have the code :)

Cheers,
       Erik Jan