[feedhenry-dev] Looking for someone with fh-mbaas-express knowledge

David Martin davmarti at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 11:28:57 UTC 2017

Hey David,

In the first link, it looks like its a generic handler for if you had a
main.js file? For helping migrating from FH2 to FH3.
In the second link, it looks to be doing some authentication check for
every request.

You may find more info by looking at the history of that module before it
was made public.
(Apologies for the private repo link
https://github.com/fheng/fh-mbaas-express)

On 9 November 2017 at 12:18, David Ffrench <dffrench at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> After modifying the code weeks ago, i finally have time to come back and
> manually test this change E2E. I have tested the multer changes with the
> forms endpoints and it is working as expected. Unfortunately i have not
> been able to find what uses the following endpoints for file upload. I am
> hoping someone else will know.
>
> *Does anyone know what uses these endpoints in `fh-mbaas-express` for file
> upload?*
> - https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/
> blob/master/lib/cloud/cloud.js#L45
> - https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/
> blob/master/lib/mbaas.js#L173
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> DAVID FFRENCH
>
> senior software engineer, RED HAT MOBILE
>
> Red Hat Waterford <https://www.redhat.com/>
>
> Communications House, Cork Road
>
> Waterford, Ireland
>
> dffrench at redhat.com
> <https://red.ht/sig>
>

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 8:39 AM, David Ffrench <dffrench at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much for the response John, your information is extremely
>> helpful.
>>
>> DAVID FFRENCH
>>
>> senior software engineer, RED HAT MOBILE
>>
>> Red Hat Waterford <https://www.redhat.com/>
>>
>> Communications House, Cork Road
>>
>> Waterford, Ireland
>>
>> dffrench at redhat.com
>> <https://red.ht/sig>
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 9:37 AM, John Frizelle <jfrizell at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi David,
>>>
>>> I have had a look through the code and as far as I can tell, the changes
>>> are relatively straight forward. There are 3 places where an additional
>>> parameter is required in a route definition:
>>>
>>> - https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/blob/master/li
>>> b/cloud/cloud.js#L45
>>> - https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/blob/master/li
>>> b/mbaas.js#L173
>>> - https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/blob/master/li
>>> b/mbaas.js#L299
>>>
>>> In all 3 cases, we need to add upload.any() as the middle param - this
>>> will put any uploaded files in a files array, which is what is expected
>>> in the rest of the code [1].
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> John.
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/blob/maste
>>> r/lib/cloud/params.js#L42, https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-
>>> mbaas-express/blob/master/lib/common/requestValidator.js#L111,
>>> https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/blob/
>>> master/lib/fh-middleware.js#L25, https://github.com/feedhe