[feedhenry-dev] mobile client or mobile app

Paul Wright pwright at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 11:49:56 UTC 2017

It seems to me that to tackle the mobile market, we should embrace the
lingua franca, and the one word that unites mobile,cell phone,
smartphone, handys, etc is 'App'

Paul

my original draft reply:

Mondays...

Let's fix everything <sigh>

I'm not against this change, but would like to throw in a note of caution:

1. I don't think OpenShift are really pushing the term apps. Sure,
there's a command, and even some doc references
(https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/openshift_enterprise/3.2/html/installation_and_configuration/install-config-imagestreams-templates#creating-instantapp-templates),
but would like to check with them before assuming that's deliberate. In
my mind, their term of choice is Application, a bit more of an
enterprisey term.

2. Does "Mobile Clients" solve a problem? we already have a generation
of ppl saying "there's an app for that", do we want to embrace that or
swim upstream? what about when there's a web ui to something, we used to
bundle mobile and web into the term 'client app'.