[feedhenry-dev] MCP Android Plugin Demo

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Tue Oct 3 13:20:04 UTC 2017

TL;DR; here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_yGFnYtIoQ

So the next two sprints the Client SDK team is working on MCP integration
for Android in an attempt to replicate Aiden's demo from last week.  Right
now we have build an Android app that parses a local mcp-config file and
loads the configuration from the mcp server.  This configuration will be
used to configure the sync and keycloak SDKs on the client.

One of the features we've put into our PoC is a Android build plugin that
handles the parsing of the mcp-config file at build time instead of at run
time.  This means that if the file is not present, is misconfigured, etc
this error will be caught much sooner than if you have to load it onto an
Android device.  Additionally it let's us have tighter integration with the
Android build ecosystem as shown in the demo.

Summers