[feedhenry-dev] MCP Android Plugin Demo

David Martin davmarti at redhat.com
Tue Oct 3 17:00:36 UTC 2017

Hey Summers,

Nice video.
I like the idea of doing the config validation at build time.
I think its important that an App can launch to some usable state, even if
offline (for the first or subsequent launches).

I'd like to know your thoughts on if there's value in having the config
endpoint in the mcp server?
Why even bother with calling the endpoint if you could just take the config
from that response and use that in your App?
(e.g. show the full config for all services in the MCP UI)

On 3 October 2017 at 14:20, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com> wrote:

> TL;DR; here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_yGFnYtIoQ
>
> So the next two sprints the Client SDK team is working on MCP integration
> for Android in an attempt to replicate Aiden's demo from last week.  Right
> now we have build an Android app that parses a local mcp-config file and
> loads the configuration from the mcp server.  This configuration will be
> used to configure the sync and keycloak SDKs on the client.
>
> One of the features we've put into our PoC is a Android build plugin that
> handles the parsing of the mcp-config file at build time instead of at run
> time.  This means that if the file is not present, is misconfigured, etc
> this error will be caught much sooner than if you have to load it onto an
> Android device.  Additionally it let's us have tighter integration with the
> Android build ecosystem as shown in the demo.
>
> Summers

David Martin
Red Hat Mobile
Twitter: @irldavem