[feedhenry-dev] RFC: MCP-standalone Release Process

Phil Brookes pbrookes at redhat.com
Thu Oct 26 07:43:13 UTC 2017

Hey Matthias,

Now, the (three) dependent APBs of the MCP also need to be released. This
> requires a bit of manual steps, as described here:
> https://github.com/matzew/mcp-standalone/blob/Release_
> Process/docs/Release.md#mcp-included-apbs
>
> 1) manual modify the openshift template (which is included in the
> dependent APBs)
> 2) creating image tags and pushing all to dockerhub (-> make apbs )

If the APBs that are currently included in the mcp-standalone repo were in
their own separate repos (just like keycloak, 3scale, etc are currently)
would that remove the requirement for these manual steps?
​ I think it would be superior if we could have a standard workflow that
all APBs follow, rather than some APBs working one way and some working
another and requiring developers to remember which is which.

Regards,

Phil.​