[feedhenry-dev] Mobile Control Panel Demo

Craig Brookes cbrookes at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 09:59:52 UTC 2017

> In relation to the cli tool, is it an option/would it be beneficial to
> integrate the functionality offered by the mcp cli upstream to OpenShifts
> cli tool (oc) rather than having a separate tool for mobile?

Currently the cli is in a very early stage. I don't see it being integrated
into oc currently. As an aside, early on in PoC we tried out creating a
kubernetes based API server that would allow using the oc cli for the
mobile actions if it was deployed. We are not currently following that
approach, due to concerns with it needing to be installed at the cluster
level, and because it would require a number of permissions to be granted
to the server that only a cluster admin can give. The approach also raised
questions around how it would work in OpenShift online and OpenShift
dedicated.  Currently we are pursing an approach where the UI is installed
at a cluster level (no need to manage the ui once it is installed) but the
server is deployed to each namespace and integrates tightly with the
Kubernetes API to store data and manage secrets etc.

--
Craig Brookes
RHMAP