[feedhenry-dev] AeroGear Github projects

Daniel Passos dpassos at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 11:31:29 UTC 2018

Hey Paul,

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 8:13 AM, Paul Wright <pwright at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I like the idea (I think this is how the docs organization should be
> driven), how about:
>
> As a developer or contributor, I'd like to know what repos are associated
> with the feature/platform I'm planning to develop for.
>
> I think this was the original intention behind the 'Modules' pulldown on
> aerogear.org which, for example, links to https://aerogear.org/sync/.
> Unfortunately, the repos <https://github.com/aerogear/?query=sync> link
> doesn't work as expected for me. (and I'm not sure if changing the link to
> https://github.com/search?q=org%3Aaerogear+sync is a good solution)

q instead of search in your query string. Here is an example:

You should use https://github.com/aerogear?q=sync

> As I've said earlier [1], I find aerogear.org difficult to maintain (it's
> now a mishmash of html/markdown/asciidoc, with dependencies I seem to have
> difficulty following [2].

I totally agree with you, I know that pain. There is a lot of history
behind of this mess. I also don't like this.

> If there isn't an appetite for changing to asciibinder, I can still help
> reorganize, update and publish documentation, and this seems as good an
> issue as any to start with. How about doing this collation on the wiki
> (using asciidoc):
>
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/wiki

I'm not a big fan of Asciidoctor, I usually prefer to use Markdown, because
it is more simple and more community driven, but I'm not against to use any
other thing, just wanna use only *one* thing :)

I don't know that is the best approach to solve it. Not sure if a wiki in
the aerogear.org or if we should move the documentation for wiki in each
repo. I only know docs is a little outdated and maintain it is a hell.

Anyway, whatever decision we made count me in to help to update/organize
the docs.

--
-- Passos