[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Docs vs code releases

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Mon Dec 4 11:42:19 UTC 2017

Hi

Thank you so much for contribution to RainCatcher.
This is really good question.

Tags are minimum we should do in order to be able to point users to
different versions.
Each version should be tagged in docs repository.
We have that done now and available here:
https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/raincatcher-docs/tags

This tags are only for the asciidocs *source code*, but not final render
that is on *github-pages *branch.
We may also tag *github-pages* branch to enable users to download or see
previous versions without building them.
That will be really comprehensive solution to enable all possible format
and versions available.

Additionally in the future we may need to enable two versions of the
documentation to be available directly from website.
For example for 1.x and 2.x version. This has a lots of maintenance
implications and IMHO we should avoid doing that for 1.x releases.

I will wait for opinions before implementing this in docs repo.

Regards

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Paul Wright <pwright at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How would a user distinguish versions as releases continue, eg in a years
> time and you're finishing up 2.1, how would I pull 1.1 code and docs? Do
> you intend to use github "releases" or some other tagging? I see 9 releases
> on RC core [1], but this isn't mirrored on RC docs.
>
> Not that there needs to be a one to one mapping, perhaps any release that
> gets a Release Note update?
>
> Paul

WOJCIECH TROCKI

Red Hat Mobile <https://www.redhat.com/>