[Feedhenry-raincatcher] nightwatch vs protractor

Tom Jackman tjackman at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 16:06:16 UTC 2017

I have used protractor a little on a past job for testing a cordova app. I
found the docs to be very good, and the API was good for it too. I'm not
sure if nightwatch has the functionality too, but I found the ability to
draw/drag on an axis to be be very helpful for mobile. It helped with
testing number sliders, swiping open the sidebar, scrolling views. It could
come in handy for some of the modules, like the signature capture.

Tom.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Vitalii Chepeliuk <vchepeli at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hey guys. Need to discuss what could be better for E2E testing.
> My experience is based on nightwatch only.
> But RainCatcher is mainly Angular project and protractor suits more for it
> Has anybody any experience with protractor? And what do you think about it?
>
> Vitalii

[image: Red Hat] <http://www.redhat.com/>

Tom Jackman / Associate Software Engineer
tjackman at redhat.com / 0894751360

*Slack* - @tjackman #rhmap #rhmap-rmad

Red Hat
Waterford, Ireland.