[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Check out how raincatcher-mediator looks as TypeScript!

Paolo Haji phaji at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 04:04:24 UTC 2017

Did a little experimenting with porting the mediator module to TypeScript:

https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/raincatcher-mediator/pull/16

The IntelliSense support is great, definitely looks like it would help a
lot with documentation. Since vscode can handle symbols very well,
project-wide refactorings and renamings are safe.

It's also pretty easy to grab definitions for most popular libs out there
and have them as dev-dependencies (their most recent versions at least),
and pretty easy to add ones to modules we use, i.e. the underlying
mediator-js module.

The built-in es6 features in the compiler are very good to have, and tslint
is almost on par with eslint (tslint:recommended has just a few quirks, and
it uses eslint's older config-file format)

I still haven't setup publication to npm, which would involve npmignore-ing
the ts files and instead only include the generated js + definition files,
which is quite straightforward.

Attached a screenshot showing how IntelliSense can even grab property
definitions for option parameters along with their jsdoc annotations.