[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Getting Starting meeting outcome

Austin Cunningham aucunnin at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 11:58:01 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Templates suggest that these modules aren't finished or usable in there
current state.
IMHO

Regards,
Austin

On 8 February 2017 at 10:57, Paul Wright <pwright at redhat.com> wrote:

> Oh you're going to hate me for this, but having spoken to some other tech
> writers, with more experience of upstream and downstream naming and
> definitions, and given the fact that we ship these modules in the
> expectation that they could be edited:
>
> Raincatcher/WFM is a set of templates that enable you to develop mobile
> workforce management solutions using FeedHenry/RHMAP
>
> I hear you moan, but only because we haven't developed a convention for
> naming templates properly. These would become WFM templates and live in
> that namespace, not being confused with the other templates we talk about..
>
> Paul
>

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Wojciech Trocki <wtrocki at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> How about "set of reusable components ..."?
>>
>> " and the mediator pattern." seems strange. Maybe we can just remove it.
>>
>> Wojciech Trocki
>> Software Engineer, Red Hat Mobile
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 6:02 PM, paul wright <pwright at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Summers, are you saying that the following doesn't work:
>>>
>>> Raincatcher/WFM is a set of node.js modules that enable you to develop
>>> mobile workforce management solutions using FeedHenry/RHMAP and the
>>> mediator pattern.
>>> How about:
>>> Raincatcher/WFM is a set of elements that enable you to develop mobile
>>> workforce management solutions using FeedHenry/RHMAP and the mediator
>>> pattern.
>>> Each element consists of a packaged commonJS module which exposes its
>>> functionality as a Angular module.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>>> On 07/02/17 16:28, Summers Pittman wrote:
>>>
>>> OK guys, so wow that was a really good call.
>>>
>>> Notes from the call are here : https://docs.google.com/docu
>>> ment/d/11myFeWfSEqHccF7q2Btyndws5lqcpLz7zPVCwDMyquk/edit#hea
>>> ding=h.3yjtygvgu7vs
>>>
>>> I had a talk with Nial after the call finished and we came up with these
>>> action items :
>>>
>>> We are going to table the getting started experience stuff I was working
>>> on for now in favor of moving the code in a direction that makes it more
>>> obvious for how to get started.  We will then pick up the getting started
>>> effort based on that.  (See RAINCATCH-518)
>>>
>>> Peter Darrow(should he accept), Nial, and myself will work on that JIRA.
>>>
>>> We will also review Paulo's HTTP mediator code.  We have in a few places
>>> duplicated similar functionality and having a simpler way of bridging
>>> topics across the client/cloud divide is a very compelling use-case for the
>>> "core" Raincatcher experience.
>>>
>>> These previous three points will hopefully also make it easier to answer
>>> "What is Raincatcher".  Right now Raincatcher is presented as a loosely
>>> coupled collection of WFM modules.  In reality we should start with
>>> presenting it as a implementation of a general event based client server
>>> architecture and then lead people into the WFM features.

> [...]

Austin Cunningham
Rapid Mobile Application Development Team
<https://docs.jboss.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=9470209> (RMAD)
<https://docs.jboss.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=9470209>
Email:aucunnin at redhat.com

Red Hat Mobile,