[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Placement of client, server, mocks, stubs, fixtures in raincatcher modules

David Martin davmarti at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 10:20:36 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

As someone who is at page 0 of the Raincatcher stuff (trying to understand
what it is and how it all fits together), I have a few questions about
module structure.

First is about the location of client & server files.
I'm wondering why these files tend to be put together in the same
directory? This has been a point of confusion when trying to understand the
modules.
For example, the user-client.js & user-router.js files in
https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/raincatcher-user/tree/master/lib/user
are intended for the browser and node.js respectively.
Is there a convention in place or docs that explain how to easily tell if a
file is client or server side?
Will all client side files have -client in the name?

This doesn't seem to always be the case either.
In this module, all the client side files (bar 1?) are in an angular folder
https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/raincatcher-sync/tree/master/lib
Is anyone else having this difficulty when getting started?

Second is about the location of location of tests (and related fixtures &
mocks).
In 1 repo, there's a top level 'test' folder
https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/raincatcher-sync/tree/master/test
and all tests for both client & server seem to be beneath that.
In another, there are -spec files alongside the code
https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/raincatcher-user/tree/master/lib/user
Similar to above question, is there a convention for where to put test
files.
Is the plan to follow 1 convention for all raincatcher modules?

--
David Martin
Red Hat Mobile