[Freeipa-devel] Re: Fedora Versions

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at web.de
Tue Apr 29 15:59:08 UTC 2008

Alex Davies write:
> What is the consensus view on the most stable OS to run freeIPA on?
>
> Conventionally, I would go for Fedora7 but I wonder if the changes
> that it makes to the OS would make Fedora9 a better bet?

While I know next to nothing about FreeIPA, I really recommend using at least
Fedora 8 given the fact that general support for Fedora 7 (security updates
etc.) will be dropped soon by the Fedora Project.

Therefore I guess using Fedora 8 would be the safest bet (as this the stable
version of Fedora which will be supported for ~7-8 months).

fs