[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 1.1 Released

Anthony Porcano anthony.porcano at 247realmedia.com
Mon Jun 23 16:10:18 UTC 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Joe Royall wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com> wrote:

> FreeIPA
> > > >

> > Still no RHEL 5/Centos 5 RPMS?
>
> Anthony,
> RHEL 5/CentOS 5 require backporting of a few packages to be able to
> successfully use freeipa.
> It will require quite some work within EPEL to backport stuff like
> turbogears, the kdc ldap backend and other python dependencies.
> If someone wants to picj that work up it would be nice, but we do not
> plan on doing that work as part of the FreeIPA project.
>
> Wouldn't that make FreeIPA and Ovirt kind of useless until RHEL6?
>
> Other than updated python support, what is required?

Is there a list of client/server requirements available for FreeIPA?
On the server side I'm happy to run Fedora 8/9 to satisfy
requirements. Support for clients which must stay on RHEL3,4,5 seems
to be the place where you'll need backported packages the most. If
EPEL doesn't contain the required packages now, does anyone know if
rpmforge has them? If someone can confirm what is required I don't
mind chasing down the dependencies and documenting it for future
reference.

   --AP