[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 1.1 Released

Joe Royall joe at 2resonate.net
Mon Jun 23 17:01:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Anthony Porcano <
anthony.porcano at 247realmedia.com> wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Joe Royall wrote:

>> FreeIPA
>> > > >

>> > Still no RHEL 5/Centos 5 RPMS?
>>
>> Anthony,
>> RHEL 5/CentOS 5 require backporting of a few packages to be able to
>> successfully use freeipa.
>> It will require quite some work within EPEL to backport stuff like
>> turbogears, the kdc ldap backend and other python dependencies.
>> If someone wants to picj that work up it would be nice, but we do not
>> plan on doing that work as part of the FreeIPA project.
>>

> Wouldn't that make FreeIPA and Ovirt kind of useless until RHEL6?
>
> Other than updated python support, what is required?
>

> Is there a list of client/server requirements available for FreeIPA? On the
> server side I'm happy to run Fedora 8/9 to satisfy requirements. Support for
> clients which must stay on RHEL3,4,5 seems to be the place where you'll need
> backported packages the most. If EPEL doesn't contain the required packages
> now, does anyone know if rpmforge has them? If someone can confirm what is
> required I don't mind chasing down the dependencies and documenting it for
> future reference.
>
>   --AP

The source for Red Hat's IPA is here
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHEIPA/SRPMS/

this is built for RHEL 5.  I will ping CentOS and see if they are building
it, they used to have a RH directory server.  If not, I will see what it
takes to remove RH trademarks and pass the binaries along