[Freeipa-devel] [Patch] 0001-2 User Life Cycle: create containers and scoping DS plugins

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 07:38:49 UTC 2014

On 08/18/2014 05:17 PM, thierry bordaz wrote:
> On 08/18/2014 05:10 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
>> On 08/18/2014 05:03 PM, thierry bordaz wrote:
>>
>> Simply reply to this mail with the revised patch attached.
>>
>> As for attaching patches to the tickets, I've never done it and no one ever
>> complained, so it's not necessary. But attach it if you like :)
>
> Good to know :). Thanks

It is not required. It is only stated as "optional" step in
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Code#Submit_a_patch

I personally attach at least the first version to help pairing the ticket with
the patch number and better searching in the list. The job is done by my patch
submission script, so it is no additional work for me anyway :-)

Martin