[Freeipa-devel] Releasing testing tools as standalone projects

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 15:07:20 UTC 2014

Hello!

There's been some interest in releasing pieces of FreeIPA's testing
infrastructure so it can be reused in other projects.
I will soon take the pytest-beakerlib plugin (currently in my patch
0672), and making a stand-alone project out of it. Later I'll extract
the common pieces of the integration testign framework, and release that
independently.

Do we want projects projects like these to be hosted on Fedorahosted?
That would be the 100% open-source solution.

Or do we want to put it under a freeipa organization on Github, since
we're more likely to get external contributors there?

Or both? (Would we want to "officially" mirror the project to Github
from FH?)

I'm asking about the projects' "home", the Git repo can of course be
mirrored anywhere.

--
Petr³