[Freeipa-devel] Releasing testing tools as standalone projects

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 15:47:27 UTC 2014

Petr Viktorin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> There's been some interest in releasing pieces of FreeIPA's testing
> infrastructure so it can be reused in other projects.
> I will soon take the pytest-beakerlib plugin (currently in my patch
> 0672), and making a stand-alone project out of it. Later I'll extract
> the common pieces of the integration testign framework, and release that
> independently.
>

> Do we want projects projects like these to be hosted on Fedorahosted?
> That would be the 100% open-source solution.
>
> Or do we want to put it under a freeipa organization on Github, since
> we're more likely to get external contributors there?

Why do you think it would get more contributors from github? Because yet
another account isn't required, or the contributor process is perhaps
better understood (via pull requests)?

> Or both? (Would we want to "officially" mirror the project to Github
> from FH?)

I'd be in favor of fedorahosted because you get a tracker and wiki as
well, and having the repo there would round things out.

rob