[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA translations

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 14:22:56 UTC 2014

On 11/12/2014 07:44 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> With Petr changing focus out of FreeIPA, somebody will need to replace his work
> as the person behind FreeIPA Transifex translation.
>
> I think this is now the right time and place to ask - Is Transifex still the
> translation tool we want to continue supporting? I know there were objections
> in the past it is not completely open source. But AFAIK, it is one of the most
> used ones, even OpenStack uses it.

I have not been following it closely but there was talk of both Fedora
and Openstack moving from Transifex to Zanata

http://zanata.org/

As a matter of fact there was recent emails concerning the new Fedora
Zanta instance

"Move to Zanata Stage 1 - fedora.zanata instance available now!"
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2014-November/011717.html

Like I said, I haven't followed this closely but it seems like Zanata is
the future.

--
John