[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA on RHEL/CentOS 7.0

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 06:55:46 UTC 2014

On 09/24/2014 06:19 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:00:21AM +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
>>
>> I just rebuilt latest fixed pki-core&tomcat for our Copr
>> (http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mkosek/freeipa/builds/). We are now very
>> close to having a functional repo for RHEL/CentOS 7.0.
>>
>> With couple minor changes to the spec file, I was able to install FreeIPA 4.0.3
>
> What will be the content of these yum repos going forward? Will
> they be fixated at 4.0.3, or will they always contain the latest
> greatest release?

My current vision for this Copr was for it to have the latest greatest stable
(-ish) FreeIPA versino. I.e. as soon as we release 4.1, it would contain 4.1
and it's dependencies.

> Would it make sense to create one copr repo per
> release, versioned, so that even when 4.0.4 or 4.1.0 is out, the
> 4.0.3 content is still available?

It makes sense, yes - especially if there would be an interest in this from our
users or your Docker use cases - given the maintenance burden. We can build
some semi-automatism around it though to make the maintenance easier, I myself
have some scripts ready to handle the builds.

> I'd like to use these yum repos for Docker images and I wonder what
> naming I should use for the branches and tags -- centos-7-upstream,
> centos-7-4.0.3, or something else?

centos-7-latest (with mkosek/freeipa copr)
centos-7-4-0 (with potential future mkosek/freeipa-4-0 copr)
centos-7-4-1 (with potential future mkosek/freeipa-4-1 copr)

Makes sense?

Martin