[Freeipa-devel] cert profiles - test plan + patches

Milan Kubík mkubik at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 16:50:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 08/10/2015 05:24 PM, Scott Poore wrote:

> [...]
I reported this when Fraser was implementing the feature. He decided to
allow this (earlier it has failed).
At the time I didn't suggest otherwise. The design/documentation could
be more clear on this
as for, is it allowed to delete all profiles? Doing this will break an
awful lot of things. The same applies to
ACLs as well, Sub CAs later ditto. Deleting the default profile will
break things even if other profiles
remain as it is a default, when not specified in cert-request.

Fraser, what do you think?
> * Try to rename the profile entry
> - Can this be renamed to be more specific to trying to rename ldap attr?
> - Can we get a new test case to test renaming with certprofile-mod --rename?
ACK
> Possible new tests:
>
> * Import a profile in xml
> - This should fail and I think is at least in the beginning a common mistake.
I will add this.
> * Change profile config from file
> - This one may be too large in scope but, could be limited to changing something simple to make sure the file is read and used.
ACK. Though this will be a part of the more complicated scenario.
> Where are you planning to put the CA ACL tests?  In the same page?
I originally planned to put it under sub CAs, but since the specification
for CA ACLs moved into the certificate profiles design, I can add it there.
Counting will be done separately from test cases for profiles and it will be
implemented (at least the CRUD test cases) in a module where the ACL Tracker
will be implemented.
> When you have that will you be adding a cert-request test?
Yes. I will need to use cert-request to test if the ACL/profile is
enforced, if enabled/disabled
is in effect. I will not implement this in a module for cert-request,
though.
I think it will be better to implement these in a separate module to
signify it is a test
of a conjunction of several parts of the feature (profiles, ACLs and Sub
CAs,
once this is implemented.
If you think otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.
> Thanks,
> Scott
>> Cheers,
>> Milan