[Freeipa-devel] certmonger proxy configuration not possible ?

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 13:51:38 UTC 2016

Marx, Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have to access an external PKI server with SCEP protocol through our
> corporate proxy.  On command line I can set the proxy and trigger a CSR
> with the scep-submit helper successfully.

What are you setting, environment variables I assume?

> But same operation with getcert fails, as there is no proxy
> configuration possibility in e.g. certmonger.conf.
>
> How can I work around this ?

A quick kludge might be to replace scep-submit with a shell script that
exports the proxy config and then calls the real scep-submit.

A perhaps better and more supportable idea would be to add a CA pointing
to this new helper, something like:

getcert add-ca -c exampleSCEPca -e \
     "/usr/libexec/certmonger/scep-submit-proxy -u
http://ca.example.com/cgi-bin/pkiclient.exe"

So scep-submit-proxy would setup the environment and call scep-submit.

rob