[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#268][comment] Build system must regenerate file when template changes

tiran freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 12:56:04 UTC 2016

Title: #268: Build system must regenerate file when template changes

tiran commented:
"""
You gave a good reason to not use ```CONFIG_STATUS_DEPEDENCIES``` and I agree with your reasoning. I don't see a case against ```AC_CONFIG_FILE```, though. ```config.status``` substitution feature is more powerful than manual sed rules. I'm worried that we are going to run into problems in the future. It's surprising that some files can use all ```@VAR@``` substitutions and some only a limited subset.

Your patch already introduces proper dependencies for ```ipasetup.py``` and ```version.py```. Why not introduce a build rule for these files in ```Makefile.python.am```?
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/268#issuecomment-262952627