[Freeipa-interest] Future direction (feature request)

david klein root at nachtmaus.us
Sat Aug 21 23:37:27 UTC 2010

After some more reading and searching around, maintenance of tac_plus
(the open source TACACS+ daemon) has moved from Cisco to Shrubbery
Networks, Inc (http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/). It appears that
under Shrubbery, the tac_plus daemon can use LDAP by way of PAM to
handle authentication, according to
http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/PAM_guide.txt. At this point, only
authentication appears to have been externalized, but it does prove
the concept.

How does Redhat currently measure the degree of interest in possible
features for inclusion in the FreeIPA/EnterpriseIPA product, and would
it be worthwhile to gather statements from other systems
administrators to help demonstrate the desirability and usefulness of
this feature request?

Thank you.