[Freeipa-interest] Future direction (feature request)

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Tue Aug 24 14:23:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:37:27 -0500
david klein <root at nachtmaus.us> wrote:

> After some more reading and searching around, maintenance of tac_plus
> (the open source TACACS+ daemon) has moved from Cisco to Shrubbery
> Networks, Inc (http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/). It appears that
> under Shrubbery, the tac_plus daemon can use LDAP by way of PAM to
> handle authentication, according to
> http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/PAM_guide.txt. At this point, only
> authentication appears to have been externalized, but it does prove
> the concept.
>
> How does Redhat currently measure the degree of interest in possible
> features for inclusion in the FreeIPA/EnterpriseIPA product, and would
> it be worthwhile to gather statements from other systems
> administrators to help demonstrate the desirability and usefulness of
> this feature request?

Yes, we certainly welcome feedback, suggestions and discussion, on
features that are of interest.

The best place to discuss features though is the freeipa-devel or the
freeipa-users mailing lists, as freeipa-interest is a low traffic,
mostly announce-oriented list.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York