[Freeipa-users] Kerberos Authentication Failed when following setup instructions

John B. Adams john at mintra.com
Sat Dec 6 17:18:22 UTC 2008

Hi

I am keen to try out Free IPA as it would solve a lot of problems for me, I have set up a Fedora 10 machine
and installed with yum.

I have followed the install instructions, and the (kinit - klist - ipa-finduser) looks OK
then I go to configure your browser, and put the test domain in

network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris  .mintra.net
network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris  .mintra.net
network.negotiate-auth.using-native-gsslib true

Then I do IPA Certificate Authority bit. And configure firefox the refresh

But it still comes up with Kerberos Authentication failed.

my server is called ipa.mintra.net on a private subnet, I have got the /etc/hosts set up right, and I have set the system up as a DNS server looking at itself with ipa.mintra.net with an A record pointing to itself.

I would welcome some help here as I am dead keen to see the interface.

John