[Freeipa-users] Kerberos Authentication Failed when following setup instructions

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Sun Dec 7 19:02:18 UTC 2008

John B. Adams wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am keen to try out Free IPA as it would solve a lot of problems for me, I have set up a Fedora 10 machine
> and installed with yum.
>
> I have followed the install instructions, and the (kinit - klist - ipa-finduser) looks OK
> then I go to configure your browser, and put the test domain in
>
> network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris  .mintra.net
> network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris  .mintra.net
> network.negotiate-auth.using-native-gsslib true

Make sure that the shell from which you start FF points to the right
kerberos configuration file. If needed use KRB5_CONFIG env variable to
point to the krb5.conf.
If it does but you still have a problem then the kerberos log would be
helpful.
If you do not see anything in the log it would indicate that the request
does not hit the server. That would mean that the FF is not getting the