[Freeipa-users] Windows Client Problem

Viji V Nair vijivijayakumar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:15:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thank you for the information, I have tried all these steps, but no success

1. On the IPA Server I have created a host principal using the following
command.

# kadmin -q "ank host/bmdata01.testing.com"

2. On the windows xp client

C:> ksetup /setrealm TESTING.COM
C:> ksetup /addkdc TESTING.COM viji.bigmaps.com
C:> ksetup /setmachpassword <password>
C:> ksetup /mapuser admin at TESTING.COM guest
C:> ksetup /mapuser * *

After the above setup windows is showing TESTING.COM as a Kerberos Realm on
the login screen, but when I try to login using the user name "admin" it is
throwing the following error.

"The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are
correct, and then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be
typed using the correct case."

But the IPA (kerberos) server is issuing the tickets, the log shows:

Dec 30 22:36:03 viji.testing.com krb5kdc[5179](info): AS_REQ (7 etypes {23
-133 -128 3 1 24 -135}) 172.16.33.112: NEEDED_PREAUTH: admin at TESTING.COM for
krbtgt/TESTING.COM at TESTING.COM, Additional pre-authentication required
Dec 30 22:36:03 viji.testing.com krb5kdc[5179](info): AS_REQ (3 etypes {23 3
1}) 172.16.33.112: ISSUE: authtime 1230656763, etypes {rep=23 tkt=18
ses=23}, admin at TESTING.COM for krbtgt/TESTING.COM at TESTING.COM
Dec 30 22:36:03 viji.testing.com krb5kdc[5179](info): TGS_REQ (7 etypes {23
-133 -128 3 1 24 -135}) 172.16.33.112: ISSUE: authtime 1230656763, etypes
{rep=23 tkt=18 ses=23}, admin at TESTING.COM for host/bmdata01.testing.com@
TESTING.COM

I have found some article on Microsoft website, saying this is a bug and
apply the latest service pack (SP3), I even tried that, but no success.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825081

Similar Thread:
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2006-May/009890.html

Thanks & Regards