[Freeipa-users] Windows Client Problem

Konstantin Kozlov kozlov at spbcas.ru
Mon Dec 29 13:05:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

You can search the list for a similar thread and here are the steps I've
followed with success:

Add host principal for winxp machine with the encoding des-cbc-crc and
passowrd (-P ioption for ipa-getkeytab). Do not store this keytab in
/etc/krb5.keytab but rather in some other file.

Install MS Support Tools on WinXP, and run

ksetup /setdomain ...
ksetup /addkdc ...
ksetup /setcomputerpassword ...
ksetup /mapuser * <your user>

WinXP machine asks to login to Kerberos realm at login screen.

I failed to map one ipa-user to one win-user. But may be because I
didn't have enough time. If you will succeed - leave a note here please.

Best regards,

Kostya