[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and freeradius

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 13:22:23 UTC 2008

Laszlo BERES wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first of all I would like to thank all of you for the great FreeIPA
> project. Unfortunately after installing a base environment I've just met
> some troubles.
>
> My goal is to build an integrated FreeIPA/freeradius combo using Fedora
> 9 as easily as I can. I've successfully installed all the necessary
> components, built the base server and tried to run ipa-radius-install
> script. The output was:
>
> [root at freeipa ~]# ipa-radius-install
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-radius-install", line 26, in <module>
>     from ipaserver.plugins import radiusinstance
> ImportError: No module named plugins
>
> It seems that some python import doesn't work (from ipaserver.plugins
> import radiusinstance). I tried exporting
> /usr/share/ipa/ipaserver/plugins via PYTHONPATH variable, with no success.
>
> Is that a known bug? Do you have any workaround?

Currently there isn't any actual support for Radius in IPA despite the
presence of some Radius related files. If the Radius files are showing
up in a released version they should be removed. By any chance were you
installing from source?

FWIW, we've pushed Radius support out a bit because unrealistic schedule
constraints. If you're interested in contributing to this area please
let us know.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>