[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and freeradius

Ryan Skorstad ryan.skorstad at beatport.com
Wed Oct 29 20:43:30 UTC 2008

I was able to get the radius server included with IPA operational by:

1.  Installing the 'freeradius-ldap' rpm from yum
2.  chmod 775 /etc/raddb/certs (so radiusd can write cert files)
3.  Change your 'authorize' and 'authenticate' sections of
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf to:

authorize {
	ldap
}
authenticate {
	Auth-Type LDAP {
		ldap
	}
}

The radius server will now authenticate users against IPA's LDAP directory.

I have not tested this configuration extensively, I have only verified
that it returned Access-Accept for a valid user/pass/secret and
Access-Reject for a bad user/pass/secret.

--

++
Ryan Skorstad - Systems Administrator
ryan.skorstad at beatport.com

DIGITAL DOWNLOAD NETWORK(tm)

BEATPORT-BEATSOURCE-TRAKTOR-BEATPORTSYNC-BEATPORTAL